Welcome to Good Hurts!

Good Hurts is dedicated to the best hurts on Earth: spicy foods.
I'm Russell. I teach English, write poetry, but most importantly, I am a spice aficionado and I dedicate myself to categorizing, reviewing, and torturing myself with the spiciest foods and sauces this great world has to offer, all so you can know about the most brutal, benevolent, and best bangs for your buck. Email me at hotfreakrussell@gmail.com


Enjoy, and feel the burn.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Good Hurts Spice Scale

Here's the score, Hot Freaks:

I'll be reviewing hot sauces using the patented, simple system of suffering: Let's look to the stars.

* * * * * = FLAVOR

* * * * * = SPICE
My overall review is out of 10. This is not a combination of flavor and spice stars, but is weighted by them.
Yes, these are the 10 stars of brutality. The 10 stars of torment. The 10 stars of ultimate good hurtin'.
I will give sauces a review out of 10. 5 stars go towards flavor...what's the point of a hot sauce or spicy food if it's just blinding spice? It's like a bucket of paint vs. art on a canvas. Why, we'd just eat ghost pepper extract if that's all that mattered. But yes, spice is still critically important. I'll be giving 5 stars for spice as well. These numbers combined will determine the overall rating of the sauce. A 10 means it's really a great hot sauce and I strongly recommend you go chug it immediately.


Remember, I do take requests--and how! Email me at hotfreakrussell@gmail.com for your spicy needs!
Feel the burn, hot freaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment